19 Juni 2016

Food Guide // New York City

Sophie and I spent one week in New York and since we ate our way through that week, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites with you.


The Butcher’s Daugther (19 Kenmare St)

Only 10 steps away from our Airbnb we really enjoyed this place called the Butcher’s Daugther. I love the name as they only serve vegetarian and vegan dishes ;) We always had breakfast around 8am since that was the only time we didn’t have to wait in line – that gem is booming! Try their juices and smoothies, they are so yummy!


Photo credit: gity_loves


The Egg Shop (151 Elizabeth St)

Sophie loved their Benedict! The interior is super cute and they really know what to do with those eggs! Egg y’all!


Grey Dog Café (244 Mulberry St)

Their salads are super good. The vibe is relaxed and if you get to sit outside you’re a lucky girl.


Jack’s Wife Freda (224 Lafayette St)

We had to wait for a table quite some time but it’s totally worth it. The food was served super fast and it was delicious! If you made it through the dish you would normally be full but you just can’t miss out on dessert guys!
Photo credit: gity_loves

Shake Shack (11 Madison Eve)

In’n’Out is definitely still my favorite burger spot to go but when in New York it’s Shake Shack. I love their ShackBurger and the fries are good to.

Le Pain Quotidien (100 Grand St)

You can never do wrong with Le Pain! I loved their food in California and I loved it in New York. It’s healthy, it’s delicious and they know how to bake real bread. But don’t only try their breakfast, go there for lunch too – you do not want to miss out on that! #nomnom

Café Gitane (242 Mott St)

Their waffles are delicious! Try to get a table outside and take a picture at the “love wall” afterwards.



Tacombi at Fonda Nolita (267 Elizabeth St)

There’s an actual van inside the location! It’s rustic, cute and makes you feel like you’re somewhere in South America. We got the guacamole and chips first and then added every taco on the menu. There are not too many but I like having only a few things to choose from. Some of them are spicy, some are fishy, just how I like them.
Photo credit: gity_loves


Juice Generation (69 Prince St)

The yummiest juices are to be find at the Juice Generation. I don’t think they do small sized cups but who would want that anyways ;) Everything is made of fresh ingredients and you can actually taste that.
  
Pizzetteria Brunetti (626 Hudson St)

It’s always hard to choose a pizza place for me because my standards are pretty high. My friend Lucia’s pizza is simply the best (well she’s some part Italian, so I guess she does have the pizza gen) and I couldn’t find a better one since I tried hers – not even in Italy! But for an American pizza the one we had at Brunetti was very good! We were starving that evening as we did a lot of walking and while everyone else was sharing their pizza Sophie and I did demolish one each for themselves.


Rooftop at the Standard (848 Washington St)

Make sure to get up early to save a spot near the glass fence. The atmosphere’s very cool and the view absolutely great. There’s fake grass on the floor which makes it feel like you’re in some park and if you don’t fit on the couches anymore, you can sit on the floor.


Rooftop at the Jane Hotel (113 Jane St)

It’s small but cozy and the perfect spot to have your pre-drinks. I liked the Brooklyn beer a lot and ordered another one right away ;) If you’d like to have a snack, check out the Gitane café near the lobby.

Sugar Factory (46 Gansevoort St))

What a crazy place! There’s huge cocktails with candy inside – CANDY! How awesome is that?! There were quite some people celebrating their birthdays so I guess if it happens to be yours, you should definitely check it out.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! You are amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...