01 März 2015

Sledging in Grindelwald

As it is still pretty cold in Switzerland my friend and I decided to drive up to the mountains early in the morning and go for some sledging. I'd only overcome my fear of sledging - due to an accident (face injury) as a kid - once as an adult so far, so I was kinda scared but excited at the same time.
The slopes in Grindelwald go up to 2681meter above sea level which gives you 12.5km / 7.7miles (!) of sledging piste and a super good view of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau some of Switzerland's best known mountains! We didn't make it to the top but enjoyed a breath-taking view at 1800m. 

Oh, did I mention that it's the longest sledging run in Europe yet? No? Well it is!

Even though the weather forecast did say it would be snowing and raining all day, we had the best weather, lots of sunshine and little traffic on the slopes. I had a blast and am truly a fan of sledging now. Can't wait for some more!












Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! You are amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...